Saturday, 25 January 2014

mocha cookies...


My love for cookies has grown exponentially over the last couple of months, I blame Pinterest... i'm not sure how i'm supposed to resist pinning all those delicious recipes, and then of course I have to make them, it would be rude not to!

This recipe is from one of my new favourite blogs how sweet eats, yummy food, beautiful photography, written with humour and with an awesome dose of real life thrown in for getting-to-know-you good measure, it's a real treat of a blog.


These cookies are chewy in the middle, crisp at the edges, with a rich deep mocha taste, a super shot of caffeine and chock full of caramelly white chocolate chunks.

Jessica states that she isn't a coffee lover, so I imagine using her suggested amount of coffee powder would give only a mild flavour, so for a real big coffee kick, i added a lot more to mine, double in fact, i l.o.v.e. coffee!


(I've added in the recipe below as it was originally written, only changing up the amount of coffee and the particularly American terms for the British equivalents.)

Ingredients

1/2 cup of butter
  3/4 cups sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups of flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
4 tablespoons coffee powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips

Recipe

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.  Add flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips.  Roll in to balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at gas mark 4 for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Keep for up to a week in an airtight container - if you have that much will power!


The cookie baking adventure continues... I'm working on a recipe of my own, (although there is probably a version of it floating around the interwebs already) it's not quite right yet but I'll post the recipe when I work out the kinks and finally hit the jackpot, until then, I'll just have to keep working my way through all the prototypes - s.h.a.m.e!


3 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh I am so making these friend! I am trying to make a new cookie recipe a week as I have to feed my beans and my brothers kiddos snack after school...they all love homemade cookies so this one is on the list! Thanks for sharing friend!!! Hope you have a great weekend!! Nicole

Lauren Michelle said...

These cookies look and sound delicious! Man, right when I'm starting to recover from the holidays... Now I'm going to have to make these, I'll be craving them otherwise! :)

http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

They sound really delicious. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I love coffee flavors in ice cream and baked goods. Thanks for sharing the recipe!