Tuesday, 21 January 2014

oh happy day...


Two of our best friends, Kev and Liz, got engaged this Christmas (congratulations you guys!), being around them at the minute is just so fun, they are so clearly in the happiest of places, totally in love and over-the-moon excited, they are infectious in their enthusiasm...

I remember that sweet feeling of possibility as the plans and ideas tumble around between you and your hubby-to-be, it's a time I look back on fondly, sure there were bumps in the road, but we got through them together and we ended up with a beautiful day full of good friends, family, food, music, art, fun and love...





















Our ceremony was held at four in the afternoon in late April, in the upper gallery of The Biscuit Factory art gallery, we had readings by Neil Gaiman and one especially written for us by Tim's dad.  My 50's inspired dress was made by my amazing mum, the veil by my gorgeous friend Laura and my bouquet and all the flowers at the wedding were arranged by Liz (yes that Liz!)...

While our guests wandered around the gallery and enjoyed local real ale and Prosecco with canapes by the Food Social, Tim and I took some time out with Sean, our super amazing photographer, and the rest of the bridal party to get some fun shots in front of a row of brightly painted buildings behind the gallery...

After the speeches and a song written and performed for us by the best man Kev (yes that Kev!), a dinner of Tuscan bean stew, Aubergine parmigiana and roast lamb was served, followed by biscuit themed cup cakes, and the four local artisan cheeses, decorated by washi tape bunting and star wars characters (made by our friend Ruth), that made up our wedding cake...

As the stars came out to play, so did This Ground Moves, our friend Andy's band, we danced the night away, only stopping to visit the photo area, (set up with an ornate picture frame and a black board for personal messages) grab a drink (Jack Cain's Gin Sling for me!) or chat with friends...


We're lucky enough to be attending three weddings this year, one where Tim will also be a photographer, it's going to be a good year and i'd like to wish the three couples a long life full of love, laughter and good food...


p.s. just in case you wondered, here are some links....my super star hairdresser Michelle, our jeweler Kirsty for out-of-this-world-gorgeous rings,  Julie for gorgeous bunting and vintage cake plates, The Biscuit Factory for art and ambiance, Food Social for the best locally sourced food in Newcastle, Lottie McPhees for the best cupcakes this side of the Tyne, This Ground Moves for awesome music by lovey lads, and finally the amazingly talented and charming Sean Elliot for beautiful photography.

5 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!!! My mouth was hanging on the floor with every outstanding detail! And your dress is beautiful friend...and the fact that your mom made it just melts my heart! Gosh...it should really be in a magazine! Thank you so much for sharing all of this goodness and congrats to your friends!! All the best this week you! Nicole xoxo

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love everything about it. Thank you for sharing. There are so many things I'd do differently if I were getting married now. We've been married for 12 years and I think wedding ideas are so much more fun now than they were then!

Amanda Makes said...

I love your wedding! It looks like it was fun and beautiful....just as they should be. Congratulations to your dear friends....oh to be young again. Thank you Cate for popping over to see me....you brightened my day xxxxx

harmony and rosie said...

I LOVE your photos, it looks like you all had such a fun day. Congratulations!
Thanks so mud for admiring my hat, too xox
Kate

Monica said...

oh wow what a totally gorgeous wedding!!

Fantabulous photos too... perfect.