Sunday, 13 July 2014

#DICraftSwap: Books

#DICraftSwap

Yay!  I love snail mail!  This weekend was a good time for post, I got two exciting packages this weekend... fresh clotted cream through the post (yes really) from my parents who are on holiday in Devon (which will sooo be enjoyed with scones and jam later today) aaaand a lovely craft swap parcel from Jenny, who is the author of a lovely blog dedicated to all things, knit, crochet craft and geek... pretty column!

#DICraftSwap



Jenny's parcel was a delight, all the items separately wrapped, with wee clues on the tags...  And would you just look at that cute washi tape?  I took about 30 shots trying to get this photo, before I realised that there were actually more goodies inside to be opened...  d'oh!

#DICraftSwap

Jenny kindly gave me two notebooks, cute florals, and one she had upcycled with torn book pages, glitter and more fab washi tape... where do you get your washi tape Jenny?  I have a bad case of the wanties!  Two little crocheted dragons, to match our joint love of magic and enchanting reads... which she's suggested could be used as applique pieces... and a stack of gorgeous red and cream fat quarters, gah, I'm so lucky!

#DICraftSwap

#DICraftSwap

Thank you Jenny you're a star, my parcel was so thoughtful, I'm really looking forward to using all my gifts!

I was given Hannah, the swap host and author of Dainty and Ivory, as my recipient.  Hannah told me that if she could be any character in a book, she would be Lucy from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, so after a bit of umming and ahhing, and a millionty different ideas, I finally decided to make a cushion cover with a quote featuring Lucy.  I used two of my favourite fabrics, a lovely grey wood grain and a blue and turquoise wave pattern and freehand stitched the quote, (after a bit of a water soluble fabric pen malfunction,) in tuquoise and pale blue embroidery thread.  It maybe could have done with being a bit bigger, but I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out...

#DICraftSwap

...She immediately stepped
into the wardrobe...
a moment later Lucy...
was standing in a wood
with snow under her feet...

#DICraftSwap

I also popped in some yummy looking white chocolate praline bars from The Grown Up Chocolate Company and a travel notebook, as Hannah had mentioned how much she loves, and would love to do more, travelling... I hope that she has fun planing out a dream trip in her little notebook!

It's been a while since I joined in a swap, but I've really enjoyed this one and the opportunity to connect with more like minded crafty bloggers.  If you want to join the #DICraftSwap head over to Hannah's blog to find out about signing up.

Wishing you all a happy crafty week.

8 comments:

  1. lucky girl what lovely gifts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received beautiful gifts. I love notebooks and have far to many to use! That cushion is such a lovely idea. I love things with quotes from books and you did an amazing job. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic swap! Getting mail is so the best and I am happy you received such awesome goodness from both your parents and your swap partner! That fabric she passed on to you is GORGEOUS!!! My goodness! And the cover you made her with the quote is out of this world pretty friend! The fabric is perfect with that blue! Wishing you a great week ahead lady!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am fairly new to your blog, but just had to comment on your lovely swap items! The cushion that you made is delightful, your swap partner must have loved it!! The things that you received are great too. I look forward to reading more from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that idea for the cushion is divine! I'm so jealous I didn't have the same idea; though I definitely think in the future I will be giving it a go! I'm glad you liked your items :) the washi tape was actually sent to me in last month's craft swap so I'm afraid I have no idea where they are from! jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely idea. And such beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely package! Mail surprises are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a really lovely swap. The craft journals you got are lovely and the pillow you made with quote a brilliant idea. Oh how I love fresh Devon clotted cream perfect gift from the parents Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by and leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! If you have a question I'll reply here so please pop back, x