Monday, 21 July 2014

Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream...


Hello Summer!
Let's you and me chill out together this year, take it easy, have some fun, yeah?
Love,  Ice Cream, xxx

Oh i'm so gatecrashing that party!  And I'm bringing Raspberry Ripple with me... she's a cute, flirty, pink, little number, just perfect for Summer!

Sharp and fruity, smooth and creamy, just delish, bring on the ripples...



60g cream cheese
pinch salt
500ml milk
vanilla pod
3 tbsp cornflour
250ml cream
150g sugar
2 tbsp glucose
300g raspberries
110g sugar

Lightly beat the cream cheese and salt together until smooth, set aside.

Whisk just 2 tbsp of the milk with the cornflour until smooth, set aside.

In a saucepan mix the milk, cream, sugar and glucose.  Split vanilla pod length ways and scrape out the seeds, pop both the pod and seeds in to pan.  Bring the pan to boil and then turn down to a simmer for 4 minutes.  Remove from the heat and whisk in the cornstarch mixture.  Back on heat, whisk for one minute until the mixture thickens slightly, then strain to remove vanilla pod.

Slowly incorporate the milk mixture in to the cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth.

Put the raspberries and sugar in a bowl and pop in to the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the berries burst and the sugar dissolves, blitz in a blender, and then push through a sieve to remove pips, getting as much fruit through as possible.

Refrigerate both the cream mixture and raspberry syrup over night.

Churn the cream mixture in an ice cream machine, and when it's done empty in to a large bowl and fold through the raspberry syrup to create the ripples, transfer to a freezable container and freeze.

When you're ready to tuck in, take the ice cream out of the freezer for a few minutes to soften before you serve and enjoy!


Will you be joining the party too?

Happy ice cream filled summer!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds delicious. It looks really pretty too. It reminds me of my favorite ice cream, which I can only find at Baskin-Robbins, but it's been my favorite my whole life: strawberry cheesecake flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think you can ever go wrong with raspberry ripple ice cream.. it has to be one of the best flavours ever. i am SO craving a scoop right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raspberry ripple is an absolute favouirte absolutely love it. It reminds me of scones, cream and jam don't ask me why and now I can try making it at home. If you can show me how to make lemon ice at some point my life will be complete Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I love the addition of cream cheese. Decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks truely delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness friend! Not only does this look absolutely delicious your photos are stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this one! A happy week to you!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I don't have an ice cream machine, but you are making me wish I did! This looks so amazing, and raspberry sorbet is my most favorite thing in all the world, so I'm pretty sure this is raspberry sorbet's cousin I'd love equally well. Mmmmmm!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by and leaving a comment, I appreciate each and every one! If you have a question I'll reply here so please pop back, x